Saturday, January 24, 2015

On-The-Go Sleek

ASUS EeeBook X205TA (Image Courtesy : www.asus.com)
ASUS All In One PC ET2040 (Image Courtesy : www.asus.com)


To start with, it's funny because just yesterday I was checking out the ASUS EeeBook X205TA on Flipkart and today I am writing a feature on it. So before we venture into which one I would prefer between the sleek and powerful ASUS EeeBook X205TA or the ultra-portable and perpetually connected ASUS All In One PC ET2040, let's take a look on their features -
Specifications
Processor
Quad-core 1.33GHz Intel Atom Z3735F
Intel® Pentium® J2900 Processor
RAM
2GB
2 GB Up to 4 GB
Size (Dimensions)
286x193.3x17.5mm
489.4 x 307.15 x 14
Weight
980g
3.4 kg
Screen Size
11.6"
19.5"
Graphics adaptor
Integrated Intel HD Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce 820M 1GB
Total Storage
32 GB eMMC
500GB Up to 1TB Hard Drive
OS
Windows 8.1 with Bing
Windows 8.1
Camera
VGA Web Camera
1 M

In the first glance, you would always feel ASUS ET2040 is the better and more powerful choice. If somebody wants a Windows desktop PC, ET2040 would probably be the best choice as it is the perfect family computer - slim, stylish and space saving, with a maximum of 4GB RAM and hard drive up to 1 TB. It is more apt for gamers and designers or anybody who is more likely to sit at home and work, or play, or watch a movie in HD with family.

But with the change of lifestyles, desktops have gone out of many people's life, including mine. There is this new generation who prefer the wireless mobility. But in addition to that, the traveler in me will also prefer something compact which -
1. I can easily pack into my bag or backpack and carry along.
2. Does not add much weight to my luggage.
3. Does not eat up much space. 

And ASUS EeeBook X205TA is exactly that - It is compact and with a space saving design, as it is ultra thin. It is also light weight, weighing less than a kg. 

Here are some more features that help me choose the former - 
1. Price - It is priced at Rs. 14,999 on Flipkart. Not just sleek in style, but even sleek in price! It is the perfect portable option that fits my budget. And from the perspective of blogging, it is any day better than Tabs.
2. Battery Life - It allows me to surf the net for up to 12 hrs on full battery. This feature is important for a travel blogger as it is not always possible for us to find a charging point while updating those travel stories and pictures on social networking sites.
3. Microsoft Office 365 included!!! - Could I have asked for more? I am excited about it because Microsoft Office is not always included and if it is not, we purchase it, as many of us need it for everyday work. So no extra money spent in this case!

The 32 GB space is not much of an issue for me as I always carry my 1 TB hard drive with me wherever I go. 

So with all these above features, you know why the ASUS EeeBook X205TA suites my lifestyle and needs as a traveler. And I am sure, most travel bloggers would say 'Ay!'
**********************************************************************************
This post has been written for the Indiblogger Happy Hour campaign "Go Sleek", in association with Asus. 

No comments: